Confectionary tin

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Family Ten sweet tin

Donated by Mrs Fenwick
Museum number 1985-261

Though most famous for its marmalade, Keiller's also built up a reputation for sweets, chocolates, butterscotch and baked goods. It exported its wares worldwide and won numerous national and international awards and medals.

Between the wars, Keiller's in Dundee made a large range of products, including bakery items. They had eight bakers' shops in Dundee and opened a restaurant in the High Street in 1840. The Forum Shopping Centre is built on the site of their Albert Square works. In 1947 Keiller's opened a second factory in Mains Loan.

The business passed out of family hands in 1899. The final owners, Alma Holdings, went into receivership in 1992 and the Keiller's plant in Mains Loan was sold off.

Confectionary tin
Funding Logos