Cotton reel from D.M.Brown

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Bobbin

Donated by Rev. M. King
Museum number 2004-12

Wooden cotton reel from D.M. Brown's department store in Dundee.
Store founder D.M. Brown was born at Lochee in 1864 and opened his famous draper's shop in Dundee's High Street in 1888.
D.M. Brown's famous arcade opened in Dundee in 1908 after David Miller Brown had visited international clothing and furniture stores.

House of Fraser bought the business in the 1950s and it became known as "Arnott's" in 1972 until its closure in June 2002. A range of smaller businesses now trade from the building.

Cotton reel from D.M.Brown
Funding Logos