'The Esquimaux'

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

'The Esquimaux'; 1876.
Original photograph taken by T. F. Miller [1850 - 1927]
Photograph is made of paper, mounted on card.

Donated by Mr T. T. Miller, 1983
Museum number 1987-326-27

The name 'The "Esquimaux"' is written underneath this sepia print. The picture is of an auxiliary powered whaling ship, with her sails furled and her bows pointing to the left. She has a dark hull with three whale boats hanging from davits along her port side and one hanging astern. There is also a whaleboat alongside.

'The Esquimaux'
Funding Logos