Giant Advertising Teapot for Willow Tea

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Giant advertising teapot

Donated by Wm Low & Co. Ltd.
Museum number 1979-14

During the 1930s William Low & Company had a number of giant teapots made for window displays advertising their own brand of tea.

Known locally as "Willie Low's", Wm Low & Co. Ltd. supermarket chain traded as an independent business from 1868 until 1994 when it became part of Tesco PLC. The company had remained under family control and management until just before Tesco's acquisition.

Giant Advertising Teapot for Willow Tea
Funding Logos