Land's End with first & last house & Longships Lighthouse

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Postcard, Land's End
Museum number 1977-258-88

In 1850, James Valentine took over his father's printing business. Five years later he opened a portrait studio in Dundee, the largest photographic glasshouse in Britain.
He later branched out into scenic photography for which the company gained a good reputation. He was so successful that by 1868 he was made official photographer to Queen Victoria.
When he died in 1879 his two sons William and George took over the running of the business.

Land's End with first & last house & Longships Lighthouse
Funding Logos