The Mars Magazine

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

The Mars Magazine

Museum number 1982-188
Donated by Mrs Wilamena MacDougal

Copy of the August-December 1928 of the magazine issued by the TS Mars. This was the last issue produced before the Mars closed down in 1929.

The Mars was built in the 1840s as a warship. She was later anchored in the Tay and was used as a training ship for delinquent or disadvantaged boys.

The boys received a basic education. The majority were trained for life at sea, although crafts such as shoemaking and tailoring were also taught.

The Mars Magazine
Funding Logos