Model of 'HMS Hearty'

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Scale model of HMS Hearty

Donated by Dundee College of Technology
Museum number 1970-307-2

Built at one of the most successful Dundee shipyards, the Caledon, HMS Hearty was one of the most powerful tugs of her time, and was used for removing disabled battleships from war zones.
The Caledon specialised in small to medium-sized custom-built steamships. Founded in 1874 by engineer, W. B. Thompson, the Caledon survived until 1983 and had a reputation for quality workmanship.

Model of 'HMS Hearty'
Funding Logos