skirt and bodice

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

D.M. Brown black silk skirt and bodice

Donated by Mrs J. Woods
Museum number 2007-25

This outfit belonged to Margaret Lamond who worked as a dressmaker in D. M. Brown's. In this photograph Margaret is wearing the skirt and bodice.

Store founder D.M. Brown was born at Lochee in 1864 and opened his famous draper's shop in Dundee's High Street in 1888.
D.M. Brown's famous arcade opened in Dundee in 1908 after David Miller Brown had visited international clothing and furniture stores.

House of Fraser bought the business in the 1950s and it became known as "Arnott's" in 1972 until its closure in June 2002. A range of smaller businesses now trade from the building.

skirt and bodice
Funding Logos