Stained glass window depicting David, Earl of Huntingdon

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Stained glass window depicting David, Earl of Huntingdon

Museum number 1974-748-1

David was the brother of King William 1st. He was granted the land on which Dundee stood. This window and six others (including one of William Wallace) were commissioned for the council rooms of Dundee's Town House. They were designed by Sir Edward Burne-Jones, and produced by William Morris & Co. in 1889.

In 1731 the Town Council commissioned William Adam, a leading architect, to build the Town House. Located in the High Street, it was perhaps the most beautiful Town House in Scotland at that time. It was demolished in 1932.

Stained glass window depicting David, Earl of Huntingdon
Funding Logos