Stained glass window depicting Mary Queen of Scots

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Stained glass window depicting Mary Queen of Scots
William Morris & Co
Ex Town House, Dundee

Museum number: 1974-748-8

Mary Queen of Scots visited Dundee in 1564 and was shocked to find out that the town's graveyard (St Clement's) was so close to the town's market. Mary granted land that had belonged to the Monastery of the Greyfriars to the town, so it could be used as a new burial ground.

Stained glass window depicting Mary Queen of Scots
Funding Logos