Tin of garden peas.

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Peas

Donated by Mr M. Gaffney
Museum number 2006-2-3

Own brand products were popular and generally cheaper than other manufacturers' comparable products.

Known locally as "Willie Low's", William Low and Company began as one of Dundee’s many small groceries in 1868 growing into a supermarket chain with stores in most towns near its Dundee base. It traded as an independent business, largely managed by the family, from 1868 until 1994 when it became part of Tesco PLC.

Tin of garden peas.
Funding Logos