University 'Mortar Board' Cap

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

University "mortar board" cap

Bequeathed by Miss E. Smith
Museum Number: 1977-595

This cap belonged to Anne Smith who was a student at University College Dundee from 1908-11.

University education for women in Scotland began in Dundee; the new college was open to women from the start "promoting the education of persons of both sexes and the study of Science, Literature and the Fine Arts". This was largely due to the determination of its first benefactor, Mary Ann Baxter.

University 'Mortar Board' Cap
Funding Logos