Untitled

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Timex wristwatch
Donated by Timex UK Ltd
Museum number 1987-364-2

Timex opened their first factory in Dundee at Dryburgh in 1947. Wages were higher than in the mills and this attracted many workers.
By 1979 the Timex organisation produced around 40 million watches per year with the Dundee factories making a major contribution to this.
In 1993 Timex closed its Dundee plant following an acrimonious six month dispute.

Untitled
Funding Logos