Dundee’s fine art collection is recognised as a collection of national significance to Scotland by Museum Galleries Scotland. It was established in 1874 when three local collectors gifted paintings to the City. Today the collection spans four centuries of production by artists working in Britain and Europe, at its heart is a superb collection of nineteenth and twentieth century Scottish painting. The collection continues to grow and this exhibition reflects the last ten years of acquisitions.
The exhibition features a major sculpture installation by Doug Cocker, a rare studio portrait by John Duncan and work by Joan Eardley, Alberta Whittle and Katie Paterson amongst many other artists.